This Return Policy only applies to products or services that are listed on the Newegg.ca website (the “Site”) as “Sold and Shipped by Newegg”.
For a Marketplace item, an item that is listed on the Site as “Sold and Shipped” by a third-party seller through Newegg’s Marketplace platform (“Marketplace Seller”) and not “Sold and Shipped by Newegg” (“Marketplace Item”), the Marketplace Item is covered by the Marketplace Seller’s return policy. Check the Newegg Marketplace seller’s policy for the return policy of the individual Marketplace seller.
Overall Return Guidelines
These are Newegg’s (“Newegg”, “we” or “our”) Overall Return Guidelines applicable only to products purchased by you directly from the Newegg website. All returns must meet the overall guidelines in order for the individual return policy to apply.
- All product returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. You may obtain an RMA number by contacting Newegg Customer Service through any of the methods provided on our Contact Us page.
- Returns for refund may be subject to a restocking fee. Read more about Refunds, Partial Refunds and Restocking Fees here.
- Most products that are new with the retail packaging never opened can be returned to Newegg within 30 days.
- Products that are received by Newegg in any of the following conditions are not eligible for return and may be rejected:
- Any product not purchased from Newegg.
- Any product that does not exhibit the described reason for the return (i.e., a return initiated for a DOA product that powers on and works properly upon inspection).
- Any product with missing, damaged, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number label, manufacturer model or part number label, and/or warranty label.
- Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product.
- Any product from which the UPC code has been removed from its packaging.
- Any product that exhibits physical damage. If you received your product damaged, please read our Report a shipping problem article for guidelines and instructions on how to resolve this issue. This is would not be considered a return.
- Any product for which you have submitted a mail-in rebate.
- Any product which appears tampered, customized or altered in any way.
- Any product that is returned with markings or writing made by the customer on the original box.
Restocking Fees and Return Shipping Fees
Returns are subject to restocking fees of 15% – 25% and return shipping fees. Newegg may assess the restocking fees and return shipping fees against the customer’s account or deduct the fees from the refund amount on all returns, subject to the Return Policy and any product-specific policy. Newegg reserves the right to adjust the value of any item returned for refund to reflect its current market price, in which case the restocking fee will be applied after this adjustment.
For products that are eligible for return for replacement, the return shipping labels are free for returns for replacement of the same item within the applicable return policy period. Newegg does NOT charge for restocking fees or return shipping labels for returns of defective products, or unopened items that are returned in the original condition as shipped, excluding items that were originally shipped via large item shipments, or if you received the wrong item, the item did not match what was shown on the Newegg website or mobile application (the “Site”), or if we have made some other shipping error, provided the item is within its return policy period. For returns of unopened items that are returned in the original condition as shipped that were originally shipped via large item shipments, customers are responsible for any return shipping costs. In the event a product is returned that is not defective or an incorrect product or where the product does match what was shown on the Site, the product will either be returned to the customer or the return shipping cost initially covered by Newegg will instead be deducted from the refund amount along with any necessary restocking fee that may apply. Please click here to learn more about restocking fees and return shipping fees.
Individual Return Policies
- Request a return for refund within: 30 days
- Request a return for replacement within: 30 days
- Desktop PC, Notebooks, or Tablet PCs:
- A defective Desktop PC, Notebook, or Tablet PC that is returned for a replacement may be repaired or replaced at Newegg’s sole discretion, unless otherwise required by law. While we strive to adhere to our own standard RMA processing times, we cannot guarantee that these times will be met, especially in situations where the item must be sent to the manufacturer for repair. If you have a question regarding returning a Desktop PC, Notebook, or Tablet PC, please contact our Customer Service Department.
- Some computer systems will require pre-authorization from the manufacturer technical support in order for an RMA to Newegg to be authorized.
- For computers that have had an additional operating system(s) installed, we will provide you a replacement or refund as noted in the above policy as long as the original operating system is not corrupted or removed.
- For televisions with a screen size greater than 37 inches: An adult (age 18 or older) is required to sign the shipping courier’s release form to complete delivery. It is highly recommended that you inspect the product upon delivery for visible damage. Large item shipments require that shipping damage is reported within 48 HOURS of the product’s delivery. Any damage reported more than 48 HOURS after the product delivery will not be accepted by Newegg for replacement or refund. After delivery, please read all included documentation and/or contact the manufacturer directly to determine applicable warranty coverage, if any.
- Television and Monitor Dead Pixels:
- Televisions or Monitors with 8 dead pixels or more can be returned for a replacement so long as a return request is submitted within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Request a return for refund within: 45 days
- Request a return for replacement within: 1 year
- Request a return for replacement within: 30 days
- Request a return for replacement within: 15 days
- Request a return for refund within: 90 days
This is our Standard Return Policy. For items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states “This item is covered by Newegg’s Standard Return Policy”), you must request a return within 30 days from the invoice date for this policy to apply.
Please review the special notes specific for your product:
This is our 45/1 Return Policy. For items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states “This item is covered by Newegg’s 45/1 Return Policy”), you must request a return for a refund within 45 days of the invoice date or request a return for a replacement within 1 year of the invoice date for this policy to apply.
This is our Replacement Only Return Policy. For items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states “This item is covered by Newegg’s Replacement Only Return Policy”), you must request a return for replacement within 30 days from the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same item. If the original item is no longer available, a refund in the amount of the price originally paid will be issued. Products subject to this policy cannot be returned for a refund.
This is our Manufacturer Only Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states “This item is covered by Newegg’s Manufacturer Only Return Policy”) cannot be returned to Newegg. These items are covered by a Manufacturer’s Warranty. For information about the manufacturer’s warranty, please refer to the terms and conditions for the manufacturer’s warranty or contact the manufacturer. For a list of manufacturers by name and contact phone number, please click here.
This is our Consumable Product Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states “This item is covered by Newegg’s Consumable Product Return Policy”) cannot be returned to Newegg. Consumable products may include, but are not limited to, Printer Ink, Toner Cartridges, CD/DVD Media, Retail Packaged Software, Downloadable Software, Paper Products, and etc. that are consumed once they are used.
Retail Packaged Software, Downloadable Software and Digital Downloads
Software may require you to use a computer or other device meeting minimum system requirements, and you are responsible for ensuring that your computer or device meets software system requirements prior to purchase. Generally, software system requirements are available on or from product detail pages. Once you have purchased Retail Packaged Software, Downloadable Software and/or Digital Downloads, we encourage you to install or download it, if applicable, and to access it promptly to ensure that you have received it.
This is our Non-Contract Cell Phone Return Policy. For items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states “This item is covered by Newegg’s Non-Contract Cell Phone Return Policy”), you must request a return within15 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same item. If the original item is no longer available, a refund in the amount of the price originally paid will be issued. Products subject to this policy cannot be returned for a refund.
This is our Services and Extended Warranties Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states “This item is covered by Newegg’s Services and Extended Warranties Return Policy.”) can be returned if the service or warranty has not been used or redeemed. A return must be initiated by Newegg within 90 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply.
Bundles are offered to Newegg shoppers as a way to purchase multiple items together at a discounted price. If you wish to return a Bundle for a refund, you must request a return within the applicable Newegg Return Policy period and you must return the ENTIRE BUNDLE. Items sold as part of a bundle may be returned individually for replacement if you request a replacement within the applicable Newegg Return Policy Period for that individual item.
Combo and Kit Specials
Combo and Kit Specials include two or more items that must be purchased together in order to receive a discount. Items sold as part of a Combo or Kit may be returned individually for
If an individual Combo or Kit item is returned for a refund, the applicable discount will be voided, and the discounted amount will be deducted from the amount of the refund. If your combo/kit discount amount is greater than the individual unit price of the item you wish to return, then the item cannot be returned for a refund by itself; you will need to return all items in the combo/kit or return it with other items of value in order to receive a refund. For example, if your combo/kit discount was $5, and you return one of the items for a refund, the $5 will be deducted from your refund amount.
Manufacturer Promotional Items and Newegg Gifts
Manufacturers may offer free promotional items with their products. To receive a full refund on a purchase that includes promotional items, all items must be returned. The cost of any promotional items not returned will be deducted from the refund total.
Newegg may also offer gifts to valued customers for their continued support as well as for special giveaways. These gifts are not part of any purchase value and therefore do not have to be returned.
Prepaid card, gift packaging and Memberships
Purchases for prepaid cards, gift packaging and memberships are not eligible for return.
Special Order Products
Special order products are not eligible for return.
Refunds will be credited back to your original payment method. If the original payment method is no longer available, Newegg will mail you a check to the billing address listed on your account.
For returns for refunds for items purchased as gifts, Newegg will issue you a refund in the form of store credit.
For returns for refunds for items purchased through Bitcoin, Newegg will issue you a refund in the form of a Newegg Gift Card.
For products that are eligible for return for replacement, the product may only be returned for a replacement of the same item. We do not allow exchanges or returns for replacements for different items.
If you would like to receive a different item, you would need to return the original item for a refund, in accordance with the Return Policy and then purchase the item you would like to receive instead of the original item.
If Newegg no longer carries an item that is sent in for replacement, or if that item is simply out of stock, Newegg will issue you a refund.
Product Return Procedures
To return a product to Newegg, you must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) number within the applicable return period for the product (described above). Newegg will not accept returns without prior authorization and an RMA number. Once issued, RMA numbers are valid for 15 days within which time returned products must be received by Newegg. RMA numbers will not be extended or reissued. Customer should prominently display the RMA number(s) on the shipping label as well as the RMA invoice on the box(s) containing the returned product.
Customer is solely responsible for shipping any returned product to Newegg. Customer agrees to use only reputable carriers capable of providing proof of delivery and insurance for the entire value of the shipment. Customer agrees to bear all shipping and insurance charges and all risk of loss for the return product during shipment. Customer agrees that all returned products will be 100% complete, in re-sealable condition, and will include the original packaging material, manuals, blank warranty cards, and other accessories provided by the manufacturer. If any component of the returned product is missing, Newegg’s Return Procedure will be breached and Newegg may in its sole and absolute discretion reject the entire return or choose to impose additional charges against the customer for replacement of the missing component(s). Newegg will not refund the original shipping charges to the Customer. In addition, Newegg may assess a 15% – 25% restocking fee against the Customer’s account or deduct the fee from the refund amount on all returns, subject to the Newegg Return policy and any product-specific policy. Newegg reserves the right to adjust the value of any item returned for refund to reflect its current market price, in which case the 15% – 25% restocking fee will be applied after this adjustment.
The return must be properly packaged to protect against damage in transit. Please note that any damage caused by mishandling, improper installation or product defacement will result in your return being denied and the product being returned to you.
Address for Returns
Newegg’s address for returns is:
ATTN: RMA# (write your RMA number here)
55 East Beaver Creek Road
Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 1E8
Please allow 3-5 business days for your return to process after being received. For returns for laptops, notebooks, desktops, or table PCs, please allow 7-10 business days for your return to process after being received. Due to item availability, some repair/replacement returns may be delayed or changed to refund.
Newegg does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at the returns address destination. At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, Newegg does not take title to the refunded item.
Original Shipping Charges
Your original shipping fees are non-refundable. Your original shipping charges are paid for the services provided by and to the original carrier, and will not be refunded to if your item is returned.
We do not cross-ship. Returns must be received, inspected and approved before we ship a replacement.
Refused shipments are treated like regular returns and may be charged a non-refundable 15% restocking fee.
Nothing in the return policy limits your rights and remedies under any law.