A. Sales Tax on items sold by Newegg
All items shipped to destinations in Canada are subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) at 5%. In addition, the following Harmonized Sales Tax (“HST”) or Provincial Sales Tax (“PST”) might apply, depending on the item and the destination of the shipment:
- New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island: HST at 15% (including GST portion)
- British Columbia: PST at 7%
- Manitoba: Retail Sales Tax (“RST”) at 8%
- Ontario: HST at 13% (including GST portion)
- Quebec: Quebec Sales Tax (“QST”) at 9.975%
- Saskatchewan: PST at 6%
Newegg charges GST and HST, PST, RST, or QST, if applicable, on all sales as required by law.
B. Sales Tax on items sold by Newegg Marketplace Sellers
All marketplace sellers are responsible for the sales tax on any Marketplace items sold on www.newegg.ca. If you have further questions about a particular Marketplace seller’s tax practices, feel free to contact the seller directly.
- How to contact the seller?
- From the product listing, click the seller’s name and you’ll be taken to Seller’s Profile page where you’ll find all seller contact information
Sales Tax exemption – British Columbia (BC) ONLY:
In order to be exempt from BC Tax, please follow the following link to apply online: Newegg.ca tax exemptions application.
Sales Tax exemption – Quebec (QC)
Quebec customers are not eligible for tax exemption. QST charged on the order can be claimed as an input tax refund when filing your return.
- Our QST number will be listed on your invoice so you can properly document your refund.